Saturday, September 15, 2007

First post


Let me start with the point that writing is not as easy as I thought. Even considering the fact that I personally signed up for writing every day, I will be trying to avoid garbage posts like " Oh my! I pet my cat twice today ... And I'm listening to 'blah-blah' album today ... weather is good." and so on.


So the topic that I would like to bring up today is a process of creation. My idea is that even though a person has a lot of roads to choose from, I think at the moment when the brain starts to think about certain ideas, words that are chosen are limiting the creativity.

What is a word by itself? In simple terms, a "word" is a description of experience that a human is getting with object interaction. At the same time it heavily relies on human experience during his or her life. For example, how would you explain a mango to a person who never ate it or has never seen it? I consider the process of creation is when you don't know the final result at the beginning of creation. Examples will be free-style in painting or improvisation in music. Writing, on the other hand, requires choosing words by the author to outline the ideas and is more challenging and limiting. I think, I can say that writing requires more hard work because it requires that the message being communicated be understood by the target audience. It's like playing a game with a prescribed set of rules. Which brings a question if is writing a real process of creativity or just simply "playing a game"?

No comments: